Senior Software Engineer
P2 is looking for a talented software engineer to lead one of our project teams. This role will not only be the lead engineer on the team, but also provide guidance and mentorship to the rest of the team.
Responsibilities | How You’ll Spend Your Time
- Ongoing feature development and maintenance for a national consumer-facing enterprise platform in an Agile framework
- Develop automated tests and perform manual acceptance/regression testing
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback for pull requests regarding best practices and standards
- Provide a level of effort estimation and task decomposition for backlog items and client requests
- Develop and maintain automated builds and container orchestration for distributed systems to improve delivery speed
- Provide mentorship for less-experienced peers in conception, implementation, and testing of features
- Seek out and identify areas for improvement for the team and technology
- Analyze application performance in a variety of environments, design and implement optimizations
- Maintain awareness of appropriate platform dependencies (.NET, iOS, Android) and identify potential implementation deadlines
Qualifications | What We’re Looking For
- Proficient in multiple languages and technology stacks
- Previous experience leading software development teams using Agile methodologies
- Capable of designing and implementing across a full-stack of enterprise systems, Web UI, Mobile, Http Web Services and Database while remaining in project constraints
- Practitioner and proponent of modern continuous integration approaches
- Comfortable and able to communicate directly with the client acting as a technical consultant
- Ability to collaboratively explore multiple alternatives while problem solving, striking a balance between effort, complexity and business value
- Experience with Mobile Payment methods a plus
Team Tech Stack | The Languages You Could Use
Phase 2 is a software development consultancy aimed to make a positive impact on the people with whom we interact – our clients, our coworkers and our community. We create enterprise-level custom software products, lead organizations through digital transformation, and consult on how technology can improve efficiency and solve complex business problems.
Our elite team of engineers, architects, designers and managers thrive on challenges. We partner with our clients’ internal teams and IT departments, not compete with them. As a collective team, we discover, design, develop, deploy and direct our clients to solutions through digital transformation.
Culture & Benefits
When you have some of the most talented developers in the world, you want them to stay. We have worked hard to create a company culture that people want to be part of for a long time. While the national average for how long someone stays at one job is around 4 years, ours is almost 10 years. Once you’re here, we want you here for the long haul of your career.
Engaging, High-Value Projects
We know our talent isn’t going to stick around if the work is easy. Like we said, our team thrives on challenges. We only take on work that will stretch us and make us better at our craft.
Innovative, Collaborative Team
When the work is challenging, having a team that will support you is paramount. At Phase 2, you’ll glean from some of the most talented, friendly and collaborative people in the industry.
Phase 2 values being open and transparent with the entire company. The more in-the-know our employees, the more invested they feel.
While we are headquartered in Oklahoma City, we have employees across the country. You can work from the office some days and work from home the rest. What works best for your work style, works best for us.
Flexible Work Hours
Take care of you and your family first. If you need to handle something before 5pm and pick up your project later, we get it.
Monthly Technology Budget
This budget is for our employees to use for whatever will make their job better or easier. A new chair, another monitor, seminar/workshop, even improve your home office. Will it help you work more efficiently? Use your tech budget.
Weekly Team Building
The last hour of every Thursday, we get together to unplug (figuratively) and spend time together as a team. It’s not required fun, so if something else needs your attention – go for it.
Monthly(ish) Social Events
Now that the world is normalizing, we’ve been excited to get back together. Once a month, we plan social outings like happy hours, food trucks, driving range, pickleball, and more!
Fitness Center Membership
We believe your mind works better when your body is functioning well. Enjoy membership to Life Time Fitness to allow your body and mind to operate at their best.
Insurance, Retirement, Vacation
We’ll help you do things like go to the doctor and retire. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance options, 401(k) matching, and paid time off.